Thread: Any DIY tips for flash drive data recovery from an unreadable flash drive?

Any DIY tips for flash drive data recovery from an unreadable flash drive?

I have a PNY attache' flash drive with 4 GB. I bought it from WalMart maybe a month or 2 ago. It was working fine for a few weeks until last week. I've been stressed out & depressed about it ever since, because I have critically important data. I can't afford to pay $300 out of pocket, & I don't trust those technicians. I'm afraid they might cheat me &/or take advantage of me, & even though my data is important to me, I don't want others to see it for privacy reasons. I also want to develop a new skill or ability by trying to do this myself.
    The PNY company won't help me at all. They told me they only replace drives & not repair them or retrieve data. My flash drive won't read anywhere at all. I did some research, & from my understanding, the PNY drive stopped being recognizable since the library computers they have is Windows XP
    , & I heard that the XP operating system is the reason why the drive stopped working. I just need my data. I don't care about the stupid flash drive. May someone please tell me step-by-step, in detail how to retrieve my data from a non-functioning USB flash drive? Thanks. I appreciate the help.

Re: Any DIY tips for flash drive data recovery from an unreadable flash drive?

When a flash media is breaking down, I would suggest you - not to use it for atleast two-three days. A long period of inactivity of flash card might resolve whatever is damaging it.

Better approach eProvided which is a professional data recovery company, gives you a complete solution for advanced USB flash drive recovery and repairs. To fix a pen drive or repair USB flash drive issues eProvided incorporates the latest advances of USB flash data recovery and repair. The most advanced thermal labs in the recovery business. Now with direct NAND memory recovery.

thanks for the help.