Thread: Enable 3D Player in YouTube videos

Enable 3D Player in YouTube videos

The era of 3D video is already begun, although not all films in 3D, but still pretty good number of 3D films produced each year, it is not very long when we 3D TV and 3D show videos on Video sharing websites such as YouTube on the Internet will have . Including Google many industry players have started eying the market. Now YouTube has already started developing a new way for users to enjoy 3D video viewing.

Till now YouTube has allowed three dimensional visual presentation effect on some of YouTube’s video clips. You can see this effects via YouTube’s new Stereoscopic Player.True 3D video is finally coming on Youtube without having to make 10 different versions for each 3D display method.Although it's not complete yet, it looks extremely promising so far.

You have your left and right views upload together horizontally in the same video under stacking. I'm not sure about the internal operations of the YouTube re-encoding process so I do not know whether it is better to IL full resolution upload the video in a standard framework for crush. But both work through the issues markings.

Re: Enable 3D Player in YouTube videos

Till now following tags are available to add to 3D videos uploaded to YouTube:-
    • yt3d:enable=true - To enable 3D player

• yt3d:aspect=3:4 - Sets the aspect of the encoded video.

• yt3d:swap=true - Swaps the left and right sources. Users may need to add this to videos when the player with fixed anaglyph modes ships.

• yt3d:left=0_0.1_0.5_0.9 and yt3d:right=0.5_0.1_1_0.9 - These tags are very provisional and most useful for fixing up old videos.They set the source area for each eye as pairs of coordinates x1_y1_x2_y2. The scale of these coordinates is 0,0 for the the top left down to 1,1 for the bottom right.

According to Googler Pete, the engineer, I’m the developer working on the stereoscopic player as a 20% project. It’s currently very early, hence the silly bugs like swapping the eyes for the anaglyph modes. A fix for this is in the works. Once the video is uploaded you can change the tags at any moment, all the 3d conversion is performed on the fly when playing the video, just like in other stereoscopic player software. I notice that the Left and Right commands could also be used to make over/under input work. This is really nice, although a proper input tag would probably be better.

I have watch some clips using these tags of 3D Video and found them really interesting. You should try it once. Currently there are about 10 3-D viewing styles available to choose from:
    1. Red/cyan Glasses: Full Color
    2. Red/cyan Glasses: Optimizer
    3. Red/cyan Glasses: B&W
    4. Amber/Blue Glasses: Full Color
    5. Amber/Blue: B&W
    6. Green Magenta Glasses: Full Color
    7. Green/Magenta Glasses: B&W
    8. Parallel
    9. Cross-eyed
    10. Mirror Split
    11. Left Image Only
    12. Right Image Only.