| || |
Join Date: Dec 2008
Re: How to repair Outlook Express and restore all files with emails?
How to back up Outlook Express items Step 1: Copy message files to a backup folder
Step A: Locate the Store folder
Step B: Copy the contents of the Store folder
- Start Outlook Express.
- Click Tools, and then click Options.
- On the Maintenance tab, click Store Folder.
- In the Store Location dialog box, copy the store location. To do this, follow these steps:
- Put the mouse pointer at one end of the box under the Your personal message store is located in the following folder box.
- Press and hold the left mouse button, and then drag the mouse pointer across the Your personal message store is located in the following folder box.
- Press CTRL+C to copy the location.
- Click Cancel, and then click Cancel again to close the dialog box.
Step C: Create a backup folder
- Click Start, click Run, press CTRL+V, and then click OK.
- On the Edit menu, click Select All.
- On the Edit menu, click Copy, and then close the window.
Step D: Paste the contents of the Store folder into the backup folder
- Right-click any empty area on your desktop, click New, and then click Folder.
- Type Mail Backup for the folder name, and then press ENTER.
- Double-click the Mail Backup folder to open it.
- Right-click inside the Mail Backup folder window, and then click Paste.