| || |
| || |
Join Date: May 2008
Disable Indexing Service on Windows Vista
Indexing Service Is Useful For Retrieving Information From a Set of Documents and organize them in a manner that will be accessed easily and quickly with the search function of Windows Vista, This service uses a very large consumption of system resources! If you do not use this Find feature of Vista, then you can choose to disable this service.
- First open the Control Panel: Start, then Control Panel.
- Click on Administrative Tools, and if the icon is not present, move the panel to "Classic View". Finally, click on Services.
- If you can not find the "console management services", Press the Windows key and the R key. The console "Run" opens, type services.msc in the console and do OK
- In the console "management services" in the search column name: the Windows Search entry.
- Make a right click on Windows Search and Select Properties.
- In the new window, choose Disabled in "Startup Type". Then click the Stop button in the "Service status".
- Complete the Process by clicking Apply.