Thread: How to take back up on Microsoft My Phone

How to take back up on Microsoft My Phone

The first time that you run the My Phone application on your mobile phone, you will be asked to accept or change the recommended settings. Recommended settings will synchronize contacts, calendar appointments, tasks, photos, videos, text messages, music, and documents between your phone and your My Phone web account. However:
    • If you have an active connection with Microsoft Exchange server (which is frequently used for corporate e-mail), My Phone will not synchronize your contacts, calendar appointments, or tasks.
    • If you have Windows Live installed on your phone, it will synchronize your Windows Live contacts with the Windows Live web site, and My Phone will synchronize your other contacts to your account on the My Phone web site.
    • If you have an external memory card and selected My Phone's recommended settings, information on the external memory card will not be synchronized.
    • If you store contacts on the SIM card provided by your mobile operator, My Phone will not synchronize these contacts.
    • If you have any documents stored outside the My Documents folder on your phone, My Phone will not synchronize these documents.

Re: How to take back up on Microsoft My Phone

Microsoft My Phone account gives you 200 MB of free storage on the Microsoft My Phone web site. If a synchronization would result in exceeding this limit, you will receive an error message on your phone and your account on the My Phone web site will only include information received prior to reaching this limit. Any files in excess of this limit will not be saved.