Thread: Fix Warning "Security Error: Domain Name Mismatch"

Fix Warning "Security Error: Domain Name Mismatch"

Many of the Firefox users gets constant pop-up messages warning of a "Security Error: Domain Name Mismatch". This due to there is a miss-match between the domains. The popup windows shows like this :

but you can solve this problem with a firefox extension called Remember Mismatched Domains.The Remember Mismatched Domains extension for Firefox and Thunderbird adds a "Don't warn me again about this certificate for this domain" checkbox to the Domain Mismatch and Expired Certificate warning windows. Once you get installed this, just mark the "Don't warn me again about this certificate for this domain" checkbox and get rid of this error pop up.

When selected the domain name and security certificate domain pair is stored in a Firefox / Thunderbird preference and the security error dialogue will be bypassed on subsequent visits.The extension will also allow you to hide the message for expired certificates as well. You can delete the remembered domains in the extension's options panel.

Re: Fix Warning "Security Error: Domain Name Mismatch"

AWESOME! can't believe how much time I wasted trying to get a dreamhost mail certificate to work.

Thanks for sharing this !!

Re: Fix Warning "Security Error: Domain Name Mismatch"

Hey, thanks a lot for posting this useful of info. I tried much to get rid of this by switching all my IMAP accounts on thunderbird over to using SSL encryption. I then got inundated with this domain name mismatch errors every time I checked my mail for the first time after starting TB. I though there must be a way to hide these messages.

Thanks you once again.