Thread: Convert PowerPoint Files to Flash Files for Free

Convert PowerPoint Files to Flash Files for Free

Hey guys!
    I have seen people create a PPT [PowerPoint] Slide show and then convert it to flash. As it is easy to use powerpoint then creating flash files... But to convert the file you need a software which costs a lot...! But here i have a easy and free way to convert those files.... Yes a free way...! All you will need is OpenOffice.Org. OpenOffice.Org is an open source Software and an alternative to Microsoft Office.

How to do it :

Step First : Move the files you want to convert to the same directory or folder. Open Office will convert any files in that location. You can also convert PowerPoint templates if you want.

Step Two : Convert the files with the Document Converter. The Converter is located under "Wizards" in the File Menu. Specify that you want Microsoft Power Point documents. Make sure to designate the directories/folders to use for the original and converted files.

Step Three : pen the converted documents. Test the links to make sure the slide show works as expected. You will be able to update text and exchange graphics.

Step Four : Save your Flash slide show. Select "Export" from the File Menu. Set the file format to "Macromedia Flash." You may have to scroll to the top of the pull-down menu to find it.

Step Five : Test the movie. You can open it directly into a browser if you intend to post online. If you intend to present it on a projector, test it with Flash Player.

Step Six : Enjoy...!

Re: Convert PowerPoint Files to Flash Files for Free

Hey!
    Thats quite simple... And is useful for me...! I use OpenOffice.org...! Well for some alternative methods refer this thread : Convert PowerPoint to flash
    All the best...!