| || |
Join Date: Apr 2008
Disable thumbnail previews in Windows Explorer
Thumbnails are reduced-size versions of your pictures and videos. Their role is to allow you to quickly scan and recognize them while browsing your computer. You can disable thumbnails to speed up the windows explorer. Follow the following steps to disable thumbnails in windows explorer For Windows Vista:
- Click on the Start button
- Choose All Programs
- Click on the Accessories folder
- Then click the Windows Explorer link
- Click on the Organize button
- Choose Folder and Search Options from the menu.
- In the Folder Options window, click on the View tab
- Under the Files and Folders heading, check the box next to Always show icons, never thumbnails.
- Click on OK
You can skip first four steps by pressing 'windows+e' on your keyboard.