A little more than 5MB of total RAM, extremely fast to start, support for almost all file formats currently on the square, a graphics interface two columns easy-to-use menu of favorites and convenient options for moving files. We do not know if thats already the case, but 7-Zip has all its takes to perform the tasks of file manager in Windows, substituting in various circumstances the pachyderm explorer sometimes.
In the light of this, today I offer a nice guide on how to use 7-Zip files as manager. This will change the working, but has to be taken into account that there is much more than you can imagine. Here's what to do:
- Start 7-Zip
- Go to the "View" menu and select "Command 2 panels"
- Go to the menu "Tools -> Options"
- Go to the tab "Settings"
- Put the checkmark next to items "Show file icons", "Show the icons of the system" and "Selecting a whole line" (the aim is to make the process easier to manage files), then click on "Apply" and "OK".
At this point, there remains only to create a convenient shortcut on the desktop to open 7-Zip from the folder you prefer (in our example will be "C:"):
- Right-click in a blank desktop and select "Connect" from the menu "New"
- Paste "C:\Program Files\7-Zip\7zFM.exe" C:\ (where the content path in quotation marks, which must be maintained, is the installation folder of 7-Zip and path next to the folder to which you want to instantly access) as a path and follow the wizard.