Thread: Prints Document Backgrounds in MS Word

Prints Document Backgrounds in MS Word

Some times when you have a documents colored with background and print it,, it comes without the background. So to make sure the documents come with the background follow this steps:-

Click on the Office Button and go to Word Options.

Then go to Display and scroll down to Printing Options and place a check next to “Print background colors and images” and click OK.

Select this anytime you want the background color or image to print with the document. FYI … this will apply to all documents in Word 2007 so make sure and uncheck this option for future documents that you don’t want to have a background.

Re: Prints Document Backgrounds in MS Word

By default, Microsoft Word does not print document backgrounds that you create by using the Background command on the Format menu.

If you want to print document backgrounds, you can change this setting.

To do so, click Options on the Tools menu.

On the Print tab, select the Background colors and images check box.

hello guys thanks for sharing this nice tips. But i have a confusion,, u all have given two different tips. Are they for diffrent versions of Office like 2003 and 2007? If yes , iam using 2003, Which step should i take?

Yes, thats correct. tip made by orlando is for office 2007 and second one made by me is for 2003..

Hi, when I print out a document in MS word (I'm using the 2010 Starter version) with a background, it prints out the background 36 times (6 x 6) like a tiled background. How do I get it to print normally?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yummycookery View Post
    Hi, when I print out a document in MS word (I'm using the 2010 Starter version) with a background, it prints out the background 36 times (6 x 6) like a tiled background. How do I get it to print normally?

Thanks
    You can use the print preview options at the time of printing the document. The Print Preview area gives you page navigation buttons (you can also use the scroll bar to move through pages), the zoom slider, and a Zoom to Page button to the right of the slider. This resizes the page to the preview area if you’ve been zooming around. If you really miss the Word 2007 version of Print Preview, you can add it to your Quick Access Toolbar. For more information go to this website.

Hi there James,

Sorry, I think you must have misunderstood what I was saying - or I have misunderstood your answer (probably more likely!). What steps do I take to stop the background from printing out 6 x 6 times behind my document? I've had a look at the print preview page but I can't see what option you're talking about. Sorry, I'm not very technically minded!

Thanks

I think that it all depends on how obliging your printer is. You can certainly set a custom size; whether the printer will honor it or not is uncertain. If it does not, then you will have to set up the smaller size on the next-largest built-in size, making up the difference with margins. If you're going to be feeding the paper at one side of this area rather than in the center, you may need to use "Mirror margins" to get the placement correct for the second side.