Enlarge NTFS Cache memory
For the Microsoft TechNet page where this topic is described click the link
this can be done with command prompt. We will be as follows:
1. Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> right click on the opdrachtpromp -> run as administrator
2. The command prompt window opens and we fill it in: fsutil behavior set memory usage 2 (enter)
3. To give us permission to Windows Vista more (cache) memory to use for NTFS files.
4. You can check whether it actually went well with the following code to execute: fsutil behavior query memory usage (enter)
5. The default setting back in place gives you the following code: fsutil behavior set memory usage 1 (enter)
Re: Enlarge NTFS Cache memory
TIP: Because this is a registry tweak, you are good to make sure to back up the registry!
Click the Start button and then type in the box "start search" the word regedit. Click enter and you will see a window called Registry Editor. In the left pane, then click:
5. File System
6. In the right screen you are looking for the key are called NtfsMemoryUsage
7. Double-click on this key
8. The above screen will open and you fill this value data the following value: 2
9. Finally, click OK and close the registry editor.
10. What now remains is the computer and log back on. Or just restart it.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Similar Threads for: "Enlarge NTFS Cache memory"|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Clearing Windows 7 Physical Memory cache||Cade||Operating Systems||5||17-03-2010 04:36 PM|
|Features of cpu cache memory||Romany||Hardware Peripherals||5||11-02-2010 09:27 AM|
|Oracle Announces TimesTen In-Memory Database 11g and In-Memory Database Cache 11g||prakashseth||Web News & Trends||1||30-07-2009 04:58 PM|
|format SD memory card from Ntfs to fat32 windows XP||Aakaar||Hardware Peripherals||4||16-12-2008 06:48 PM|
|How do I increase my Buffer Cache Memory||John John||Windows XP Support||1||06-07-2007 06:13 AM|