Thread: Hiding the Tab bar in Windows Live Messenger

Hiding the Tab bar in Windows Live Messenger

In the main window of Windows Live Messenger, under the list of contacts and the News, a series of tabs for accessing certain online services is displayed: meetings, news, shopping, ... You can easily hide this bar and free up space for more people to the screen.

1. In Windows Live Messenger, click the View menu, then click on Tools Options.

2. In the left list, click the Layout.

3. Then uncheck the box show the tab bar.

4. Click the OK button.

5. The tab bar is no longer displayed.

Re: Hiding the Tab bar in Windows Live Messenger

hello , I Think There is another way of doing it i read this somwhere
    where we have to go to Start > Run type regedit and press <Enter> now navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger now in this folder find the Key called MainFrameHidden. double click on it now it should read 0000 00 00 00 00, if so change it to 0000 01 00 00 00 now press ok, close regedit, close messenger, and now reopen messenger, and voila it is gone ,

Hello , Thank for the trick i Think Windows 7 has removed the notification area icon for Windows Live Messenger though, thus the main button for Messenger window now appears in Taskbar, along side with all its conversation or chat windows. The Taskbar button icon won’t go away even when Messenger window is minimized. When mouse over the WL Messenger icon on Taskbar, the thumbnail preview may show two confusing Messenger’s windows, where one is actual WLM Contacts main window, and another is display picture (DP, which does not show if user clicks on ‘X’ button to close the main window).

Hello , I Was Having the Same issue so i fixed it, by opening All Programs>Accessories>Accessibility>Magnifier just open it up and move about, close it and then maximize MSN and it should work, it worked for me, i thought to share as it might Help you