Thread: Resize Firefox tabs for easier browsing

Resize Firefox tabs for easier browsing

Most of the users in todays world use Firefox as their default browser for surfing. Since Firefox lets you open a new tab instead of a new window, it let’s you browse multiple pages at once on a single Firefox window. The downside is that you can easily be overwhelmed by the many tabs as they easily eat a lot of monitor space just like the taskbar. Now you can resize the tabs of your firefox to save your monitor space. Want to how ?

The solution is called FaviconizeTab which is a Firefox plugin that you can get from Mozilla add-ons page. This extension adds a new "FaviconizeTab" option to the context menu of the tab. When it is clicked, The width of the tab becomes small up to the size of favicon.It returns to the former size when "FaviconizeTab" is clicked again.

To resize your Firefox tabs, Follow this steps:-

1. Download the plugin and follow the installation procedures

2: Restart Firefox to activate the plugin. You should see the list of extensions installed in your Firefox setup.

3: Click options to open the preferences. Choose a way to activate Faviconize, I recommend to choose double click.

4. Click “OK” to activate the changes.

5. Open a new tab to test the tool. Double click the tab of the URL you want to Faviconize.

You can see that the double clicked tabs have their tabs shortened up to almost the size of the URL’s favorite icon. You can easily bring back the tabs to their original sizes by double clicking them

By minimizing the size of the tabs, you can quickly navigate each tabs since it will now eat a less amount of space. The downside is that you need to be familiar with the URL’s icons for you to benefit from this approach.

Re: Resize Firefox tabs for easier browsing

FaviconizeTab 0.9.8.2 works with Firefox: 1.5 to 3.1b3. and it featured:-

Quick Faviconize

[Ctrl,Shift,Alt] + Click or Double click on the tab.

Auto Faviconize

automatic faviconize. (URL that you specified)
    Faviconize is not released even if it moves from URL specified here to another page. Please return it by manual faviconize.

Session Store

Saving faviconize status, when closing firefox.
    FF2.0 only, and you must set to [Show my windows and tabs from the last time]
    Set [built in session restore feature] if you use TabMixPlus

Re: Resize Firefox tabs for easier browsing

Just what I've been looking for. Ideal for when I'm listening to music or radio in one of my tabs and don't want to close it/put it in a new window but don't want it to take up much space at the front of my tab bar. Seems to play nice with Tab Mix Plus too. Excellent.