How to put a Mac-like Dock in Windows Vista or Windows XP
Have you ever seen OS X running on a Mac and thought to yourself: “I wish my windows computer looked like that?” Well it can, and in this guide you will learn how to do it.
This will work with Windows Vista or XP.
ObjectDock is very easy to use and there is a lot of support out there for this free product.
Where did I get all those cool icons from?
Go back to the ObjectDock website and click “Get More Icons” on the navigation menu. Here you may download some great looking icons.
Re: How to put a Mac-like Dock in Windows Vista or Windows XP
As a Windows XP user you can have the same experience stack-dock as mac-machine does.
You only need some software. here they are :
1. Rocketdock, is a freeware you can download it HERE. is a smoothly animated, alpha blended application launcher. It provides a nice clean interface to drop shortcuts on for easy access and organization. With each item completely customizable there is no end to what you can add and launch from the dock. Now with added Taskbar support your minimized windows can appear as icons on the dock. This allows for better productivity and accessibility.
2. Stack-docklet preview, you can download it HERE, Shows a Fan or a Grid stack, a la Leopard.
3. Leopard skin for Rocketdock, you can download it HERE
Note: This for Wndows XP 32-bit only, because I haven’t tried it on Windows Vista yet nor Windows XP 64-bit.
1. Install Rocketdock, just follow those step . By default it will install to C:\Program files\RocketDock\
2. Unzip Stack-docklet preview to C:\Program files\RocketDock\Docklets . Or the corresponding docklets folder of your dock. Now you should see a StackDocklet subfolder inside the Docklets folder
3. Unzip Leopard skin for Rocketdock to C:\Program files\RocketDock\Skins
1. Right click on dock, select Add Item, then Stack Docklet
2. Right click on the new icon, select Icon Settings
3. Choose folder, and some nice looking icon
4. Click OK, now click the icon and enjoy
|Tags: dock, mac, windows vista, windows xp|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Similar Threads for: "How to put a Mac-like Dock in Windows Vista or Windows XP"|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|windows 7 DOCK freezes on desktop||Baby bon bon||Operating Systems||6||16-03-2011 04:07 PM|
|Windows 7 Dock not appearing||Higura Yamatki||Operating Systems||6||16-03-2011 04:03 PM|
|Windows 7 Dock disappeared||Savannah87||Customize Desktop||4||03-08-2010 05:33 AM|
|Add Rocket Dock In Windows 7||RAHUL VENUGOPAL||Operating Systems||1||08-05-2010 11:37 AM|
|RK Launcher Dock For Windows||Ernest||Customize Desktop||3||22-04-2009 03:12 PM|