In Windows XP, you have the option of viewing a little thumbnail image of pictures on your hard drive as a quick preview of the image.
If you would like to make these images a little larger, here's how:
- Go to Start>> Run. Type in: regedit [Enter] or click OK.
- Drill to the following registry key:
- Click once on the Explorer entry to empty its contents into the right pane.
- Look for an entry named ThumbnailSize. Once you find it, double click this entry and change the hexidecimal value to anything between 32 and 96.
- If this entry does not exist, right click an empty area within the right pane and select NEW>> DWORD. Name this value: ThumbnailSize
- Then, double-click this new DWORD entry and insert a value between 32 and 96.
- Exit the Windows Registry saving your changes.
- It may be necessary for you to reboot your system for the changes to take effect.