Thread: Create an Invisible drive in Windows

Create an Invisible drive in Windows

You can create a invisible or hidden drive in windows with the help of many software available in the market.But there’s yet ANOTHER way you can hide your “private” files using a nifty little registry hack that will completely remove an entire drive from your computer. The drive will not show up in My Computer, will not be accessible from the command prompt, and won’t even show up in Safe Mode.

To create a invisible or hidden drive, first make sure you are logged in as an Administrator to carry on this procedure:-

1. When you log into your system, click on the Start menu and subsequently on the My Computer icon. Right-click on My Computer and select ‘Manage‘ from the pop-up on menu.

2. You’ll notice the Windows Computer Management window pop-up on your screen. The Computer Management tool has a lot of options to offer in terms of System Tools, Storage, other Services and Applications. You can schedule tasks, view events, manage shared folders, run diagnostic tools and more. But in this case, go to the Disk Management icon in the bottom of the left hand side menu.

3. Clicking on this icon will reveal all the drives on your system. They will also reveal the percentage of free space available. To proceed, click on the drive that you want to make invisible and hide from other user accounts.

4. Choose ‘Change Drive Letter and Paths‘ in the pop-up menu. Here you will have to assign the drive which you have to hide from other accounts. Click on ‘Remove‘. While doing this, make sure no that no program is being run from that drive, and click Yes. You will notice now that the drive letter disappears.

5. For a way to access the data on the hidden drive, you will have to assign it a mounting location, an access point. To do this right click on the unassigned partition and choose ‘Change Drive Letter and Paths’ again. Further click on ‘Add and Mount‘ in the following empty NTFS folder. Browse for a suitable folder or create one on some other drive.
    Thats it.. now you have hidden a drive containing your important documents.

Remember this trick work with Windows 2000, XP and Vista.

Re: Create an Invisible drive in Windows

I think there is an simpler method than this to hide a drive. Its like :-

1. Run type “gpedit.msc”

2.In “USER CONFIGURATION” Expand “Administrative Templates”

3.Expand “WINDOWS COMPONENTS”

4.Now Only Click On “WINDOWS EXPLORER

5.In Another Side Of Window U Can Find 10th Or 11th Option Wich Was “Hide These Specified Drives In My Computer.

Nice trick guys. I would like to try this to hide my documents along with the entire drive rather than using Folder locks, and other software. Hope this tricks works properly..

I couldn’t understand some parts of this article o make your windows drive invisible - Tech Junky, but I guess I just need to check some more resources regarding this, because it sounds interesting.