Your Windows desktop is a reflection of your physical office? A real shambles where everything crammed in disorder? There is now a way to automatically put some order: Stardock Fences. Here's how it works ...

Stardock Fences

Fences helps you "clean" your desktop automatically collects your icons into groups distinct and arranged automatically.

Download and install the Stardock Fences.

At first launch, the software offers you to choose a layout for your default icons (Start using Fences) or direct access to the module to create a layout (I'll create my fences on my own) .

- Click Start using Fences

- The program then asks you if you want to start with a simple layout consisting of only two groups (Just create a couple fences), or if you prefer that the software automatically directs your icons with different groups (Sort out my icons).
If your desktop is very cluttered, click Sort out my icons.

- Then click on Open Fences Settings. The settings box opens. It has 3 tabs:
  • Fences Tab: This screen allows you to pre-position the group on the screen to align aesthetics. Simply choose one of 7 fixtures offered by the menu "Choose Layout".
  • Customize Tab: Here you can specify the color of the group and its degree of transparency.
  • Tools Tab: This tab provides access to "Snapshot". This feature allows you to store a combination of icons and groups, and to recall at will. Note that Fences makes a "snapshot" of your office before installation which makes it possible to return to his office any time of origin by clicking on Pre-Install Snapshot.

- Once you properly set, remember that just drag and drop an icon from a group to store. The icons within a group reordering alone. Groups can be moved and positioned where you want, using the mouse, clicking on their title bar.

- You can make one go all groups (and icons) simply by double-clicking on the desktop. You can even specify that certain groups should never be hidden by this method: click the right button on a panel and select "Exclude this Fence from quick-hide".

- To change the name of a group, click the right mouse button and select Rename Fence.

- To create an additional group, right-click on the desktop, select Edit Fences, make sure the Fences tab is selected and click Create a fence.