Arrange your desktop icons with Stardock Fences
Your Windows desktop is a reflection of your physical office? A real shambles where everything crammed in disorder? There is now a way to automatically put some order: Stardock Fences. Here's how it works ...
Fences helps you "clean" your desktop automatically collects your icons into groups distinct and arranged automatically.
Download and install the Stardock Fences.
At first launch, the software offers you to choose a layout for your default icons (Start using Fences) or direct access to the module to create a layout (I'll create my fences on my own) .
- Click Start using Fences
- The program then asks you if you want to start with a simple layout consisting of only two groups (Just create a couple fences), or if you prefer that the software automatically directs your icons with different groups (Sort out my icons).
If your desktop is very cluttered, click Sort out my icons.
- Then click on Open Fences Settings. The settings box opens. It has 3 tabs:
- Once you properly set, remember that just drag and drop an icon from a group to store. The icons within a group reordering alone. Groups can be moved and positioned where you want, using the mouse, clicking on their title bar.
- You can make one go all groups (and icons) simply by double-clicking on the desktop. You can even specify that certain groups should never be hidden by this method: click the right button on a panel and select "Exclude this Fence from quick-hide".
- To change the name of a group, click the right mouse button and select Rename Fence.
- To create an additional group, right-click on the desktop, select Edit Fences, make sure the Fences tab is selected and click Create a fence.
|Tags: desktop icons, organise, stardock fences, windows|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Similar Threads for: "Arrange your desktop icons with Stardock Fences"|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Should i have one Fences Pro and Fences?Pro entry in Add Remove Programs?||Iraqat||Customize Desktop||8||24-03-2012 04:39 AM|
|How to kill auto arrange of icons in windows 7 explorer||Pracheth||Operating Systems||3||24-01-2011 07:03 PM|
|Cannot sort icons in Windows 7 using auto arrange?||Harigopal||Windows Software||3||02-12-2010 06:23 AM|
|How to organize desktop icon by fences||Erubiel||Windows Software||5||28-01-2010 06:51 AM|
|Manually arrange icons in folders||Antarjot||Operating Systems||2||05-12-2009 11:03 AM|