| || |
Join Date: Dec 2008
How to encrypt data on Windows
Windows XP Professional allows us to restrict access to a file or folder to secure by an encryption method in native mode. We see here how to fully utilize this functionality.
Following are the steps for encrypting a file or folder.
- Click on Start - - >All Programs - - > Accessories, and then click Windows Explorer.
- Now Right-click on the folder that you want to encrypt and click on Properties.
- On the General tab, click on Advanced.
- Under Compress or Encrypt attributes, select the Encrypt contents to secure data check box, and then click OK.
- Again click on OK.
- Now in the Confirm Attribute Changes dialog box that appears, use one of the following steps:
- If you want to encrypt only the folder, click on Apply changes to this folder only, and then click OK.
- f you want to encrypt the existing folder contents along with the folder, click Apply changes to this folder, sub folders and files, and then click OK.