Thread: How to enable WMP to play FLV files

How to enable WMP to play FLV files

Hello , I am using Windows Xp, and i watch movies or media files in WMP. But WMP is able to play FLV format. How can i make WMP to play such kind of files ?
    Please help me in this case.

Re: How to enable WMP to play FLV files

Windows Media Player (WMP), the default media player comes with Windows, does not have built-in native support to play FLV Flash Video though. Thats true you can not watch a just-downloaded video file from You Tube or Google Video as it is. As a matter of fact, such a file has got a flv format which is not supported by WMP.

To open and view the FLV video files, normally third-party program such as MPlayer, VLC media player, Quicktime, standalone FLV player, or any player which uses DirectShow filters with ffdshow filter installed is used.

In order to let Windows Media Player to support playback of FLV, there is a simple solution in order to add and install support of FLV to WMP, without messing with ffdshow filters. PlayFLV is capable of enable Windows Media Player to play FLV (Flash Video) files.

So what waiting for, just visit this link and get it today and enjoy watching FLV format with your WMP

FLV, or Flash Video, is a file format or codec used to deliver video over the Internet using Adobe (Macromedia) Flash Player, and supports H.264 video and HE-AAC audio, or been embedded within SWF files.

An easy solution is to convert it to whatever format you wish by using such a website. If you don’t want to waste any time to upload and encode, here is a simple solution which lets you watch your flv video on your computer without further delay. The solution is called PlayFlv and it is a simple, small, easy-to-install software or I’d better say plugin which, as it name goes, lets you watch flv files by using Windows Media Player. Here is a list of its most important features:

1. Features all default functions, such as zooming, skipping and full screen view

2. Creates file association: Double-click FLV files to play them in Windows Media Player

3. Very lightweight plugin

4. Free and open source

Thank you guys. I got Playflv and i am now able to watch flv format movies with my WMP. Thans for helping me out.

Playflv program installs and registers FLVSplitter by Gabest. It binds FLV files to Windows Media Player, enabling playback of FLV files by double-clicking them. The installer prompts to download and install ffdshow, required for movies in Flash 7 file format. An uninstaller is included in the package.