| || |
| || |
Join Date: Apr 2008
Fix Printer Paper Jam
Printer paper jam is the most common error that everyone face some or other day, who use printers. But it should be done carefully or your printer will not work anymore. To clear the paper jam from your printer do this:
- Turn the printer off and on to see if it can automatically clear some or all of the jam.
- If your printer shows an error code, be sure and check the printer manual to see if that identifies the area of the printer where the jam occurred.
- Remove any paper trays. Inspect them for wrinkled or damaged paper.
- Open any other doors that give access to the printer's paper path and to the toner or ink cartridge.
- Remove the toner or ink cartridge. Place it in a bag or away from light to avoid damaging it.
- If you find a piece of jammed paper, remove it by holding it with both hands and pulling firmly.
- If several pieces are jammed together, try pulling out the middle piece first to loosen the jam.
- If the paper does tear, try rotating the roller gears manually to free the paper. Do not forcibly pull it.
- Replace the toner or ink cartridge and paper trays, close everything you opened and turn the printer back on.
- If the printer paper jam message still appears, then there is still some paper in the printer.
- Again check the paper path.