Thread: How to stop timer of a trial software in registry

How to stop timer of a trial software in registry

You need to remove all traces of the software from your registry.If the registry keys from the trail software still exist. It make conflict with the new install. This happens because both applications will be sharing different files.
    1. Click Start
    2. Click on Run
    3. Type regedit and press enter.
    4. Registry Window Would get open.
    5. Now navigate to the following keys and delete the keys.

• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREHKEY_LOCAL_M...
      • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCURRENTCONTROL...

6. Both the above keys will have a linked to the program delete that key only.
    7. Reboot your PC and enjoy.

Re: How to stop timer of a trial software in registry

Method 1

Reinstall the program. This is the easiest method, but highly likely that it won’t work mostly on current modern software, as the expiry check algorithm getting sophisticated by keeping the expiry information on started using date and days allowed for try use plus days left in the trial in the registry or in a randomly named file.

Method 2

Adjusting the clock (date and time) of your computer system before starting installation of trial software to future data, or adjusting the clock to past date after expired trial period. Again, this method most likely won’t work.

Method 3

Use a application installation monitoring software or uninstaller software such as Norton Cleansweep, Your Uninstaller! 2006 and Advanced Uninstaller PRO 2006 to keep track and monitor every changes to the system during installation, and then uninstall and revert the shareware completely to remove all traces of trial expiry data.

Method 4

Backup the registry before installation of software, and restore the registry after trial period passed. Only works on those shareware that store protection information in registry, and you will lose some important registry changes by Windows or other applications. Alternatively, use Regmon to monitor registry activity in real-time to identify possible candidates for trial expiry reg keys, and then delete those keys.

Tip 1

Reinstall windows, and you can be sure that you can use all trial demo shareware again, as all dummy registry entries and dummy files that store trial information are wiped off.

Tip 2

Find a crack, with the help of cracks search engine such as Astalavista. But this is not extending the trial period of software.

Tip 3

Search with various search engines such as Google and Yahoo! for application-specific known workarounds.

Tip 4

If you use any of the following software, then Trial-Reset can helps you to extend the trial period of the software. Trial-Reset is an registry cleaning tool (it claims it’s not a crack) that removes the keys generated by commercial and freeware protector of trial period, and hence makes the software as if just freshly installed. It actually automates the process of cleaning up the registry key related to trial expiry mentioned above. The software and its protected that Trial-Reset (version 3.0 RC3) supports and able to strips are as below.

ACProtect
    ActiveMark
    Armadillo
    ASProtect
    DBPE
    EncryptPE
    Enigma
    ExeCryptor

Quote Originally Posted by juugal View Post
    You need to remove all traces of the software from your registry.If the registry keys from the trail software still exist. It make conflict with the new install. This happens because both applications will be sharing different files.
    1. Click Start
    2. Click on Run
    3. Type regedit and press enter.
    4. Registry Window Would get open.
    5. Now navigate to the following keys and delete the keys.

• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREHKEY_LOCAL_M...
      • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCURRENTCONTROL...

6. Both the above keys will have a linked to the program delete that key only.
    7. Reboot your PC and enjoy.
    dude, can u be a little specific?

m trying 2 extend the trial period of 'tune up utilities 2011',was almost there using regedit but was a little unsure what to delete, there was a key 'date installed blah blah!!' modify option came n i saw stuff dat made me ask for more help....would be thankful if u giv me sum mo tips

If you are unable to to play with the registry and wanted to extend the trial period of the certain program then i will advise you to use the Your Uninstaller which is an uninstaller utility which remove the application with their registry entry from the Windows. So uninstall the tune up utilities 2011 with the Your Uninstaller and later or install it again which will give you the more time to use then application. This is what i do to increase the time period of the application. If you like it then go with the same.

i try to shutdown my remote pc through comand promt it say access denied can any one help me

Quote Originally Posted by ishandor View Post
    i try to shutdown my remote pc through command prompt it say access denied can any one help me
    hey mate,, always start a new thread with new query. As you can see this thread is apart from your query, you shouldn't have posted it here. Mods may delete it. Anyways, why dont you simply try to shutdown your remote PC from Start > Programs > Accessories > Remote Desktop Connection. This will help you.

Re:sorry new user

@Orlando:really sorry since this site becomes very helpfull for me so i just joint it,but little trouble of how posting new thread i really don't know it

It is simple. You need to login and go in the appropriate section. Then on the top you can see a blue box saying New Thread. Click on that and start posting. If you are getting any error saying that do not have those privileges then it means that your account is not activated. It happens when you do not click on the confirmation link in your mail sent by this site. See the below link for more information.