Thread: Want to add calculator in Word's menus or toolbar

Want to add calculator in Word's menus or toolbar

I am working in a company where i have to work more on Word.I feel some problem when i need to calculate some thing. Could you help me to add calculator in words menu ?

ThumbsUp Re: Want to add calculator in Word's menus or toolbar

There is a calculator hidden in word, and its very usefull while your are working on word.To find it you need to go to:-

1. View

2. Toolbars

3. Customize

4. Choose the Commands tab.

5. In the list of categories, go to Tools, select Tools Calculate in the list of commands, and drag it to a toolbar or drop-down menu.

6. After you drop the command on the toolbar or menu, immediately right-click on the command, choose Change Button Image from the pop-up menu, and choose the calculator icon.

You can use the same pop-up menu to specify whether to display text, an icon, or both in the toolbar. Now, type a simple calculation (try 2 2) in a Word document, highlight it, and click on the new icon or menu item. To replace the calculation with the result, just press Ctrl-V. Before you press Ctrl-V, note that the result appears in the status line at the bottom of the window.

Now enjoy working on Word

Re: Want to add calculator in Word's menus or toolbar

Word's Built-In Calculator

I'll make you know that you can add a calculator to Word's toolbar,To use this calculator just follow this steps:-

1. Select View from the pull-down menu

2. Choose Toolbars

3. Select Customize

4. Select the Commands tab

5. Choose Tools

6. Select Tools Calculate in the list of commands

7. Drag it to a toolbar

Thats It.

Type a calculation in a Word document. Highlight the calculation and click on the new button Tools Calculate. Notice that the result appears in the lower left had corner of the screen. To replace the calculation with the result, press Ctrl-V. When typing calculations use the standard operators used in Excel: + to Add, – to subtract, * to multiply, / to divide.

Re: Want to add calculator in Word's menus or toolbar

In Word 2007:-

1. Right-click the Quick Access toolbar and select Customize Quick Access Toolbar from the pop-up menu.

2. Make sure For All Documents is selected in the Customize Quick Access Toolbar drop-down box.

3. In the Choose Commands From drop-down box, select Commands Not In The Ribbon. (Side note: Perusing this list is highly educational for old-time Word users pining for lost commands.)

4.Locate Calculate in the list and double-click it to add it to the list of Quick Access commands, then click OK.

In Word XP/2003:-

1. Right-click any of your toolbars and choose Customize from the pop-up menu.

2. Click the Commands tab in the Customize dialog.

3. In the Categories list click Tools and in the Commands list scroll to Tools Calculate.

4. Click and drag the Tools Calculate command onto any of your toolbars.

5. To display a more compact icon, right-click the Tools Calculate button on the toolbar, select Change Button Image and pick the calculator icon.

Right-click the Tools Calculate button once more and select Default Style. Then click Close.