Thread: How can I recover my password to logon in windows

How can I recover my password to logon in windows

Hi,, I wanted to know is there any way that i can recover my password to log in to windows because most of the times i forget my passwords ?
    Please help.

Re: How can i recover my password to logon in windows

If you keep on forgetting your password, than you must know about Password Reset Wizard and your password reset disk.
    You can log on to the computer by using a new password that you create by using the Password Reset Wizard and your password reset disk.

To do this, follow these steps:

1. On the Windows XP logon screen, click the user name that you want to use. A Box appears of "The Type your password". Press ENTER or click the right-arrow button. You receive the following error message:

• Did you forget your password?
    • You can click the "?" button to see your password hint.
    • Or you can use your password reset disk.
    • Please type your password again.
    • Be sure to use the correct uppercase and lowercase letters.

2. Click use your password reset disk. The Password Reset Wizard starts. The Password Reset Wizard permits you to create a new password for your user account.

3. Click Next.

4. Insert the password reset disk into drive A, and then click Next.

5. Type a new password in the Type a new password box.

6. Type the same password in the Type the password again to confirm box.

7. In the Type a new password hint box, type a hint to remind you of your password if you forget the new password.

But this hint is visible to anyone who tries to log on to the computer by using your user account.

8. Click Next, and then click Finish. The Password Reset Wizard quits, and you return to the Windows XP logon screen.

Now the password reset disk is automatically updated with the new password information. You do not have to create a new password reset disk.

Just type your new password in the Type your password box, and then click the right-arrow button to log on to the computer.

There is an solution of forgetting windows login password and thats password reset disk.Be proactive by creating a password reset disk today. With a password reset disk, forgetting your password is no longer a crisis.Creating a password reset disk for your Windows logon usually takes less than five minutes

But you have not mentioned that which system you are using, i mean is it Windows Xp, vista, etc..
    Any ways, if you are using Windows XP than just follow this easy steps to create a password reset disk for your Windows XP account:

1. Click on Start and then Control Panel.

2. Click on the User Accounts link.

3. In the pick an account to change area of the User Accounts window, click on your Windows XP user name.

4. In the Related Tasks area on the left, click the Prevent a forgotten password link.

5. When the Forgotten Password Wizard window appears, click Next Here you will need a floppy disk drive and a blank floppy disk.

On the next screen, verify that a blank floppy disk is inserted in your floppy disk drive.

6. Click Next to continue.

7. With the disk still in the drive, enter your current account password in the text box and click Next.
    Windows XP will now create the password reset disk.

8. When the progress indicator shows 100% complete, click Next and then click Finish in the next window.

Here you had made a password reset disk.You can now remove the floppy disk from your computer. Store this disk in a safe place and use it whenever you forget your password.

And if you are using Vista, then the process will be:-

1. Click on Start and then Control Panel.

2. Click on the User Accounts and Family Safety link.

3. Click on the User Accounts link.

4. In the task pane on the left, click the Create a password reset disk link.

5. When the Forgotten Password Wizard window appears, click Next

Here you will need a flash drive or a floppy disk drive and blank floppy disk.

6. In the I want to create a password key disk in the following drive: drop down box, choose the portable media drive to create a password reset disk on.

7. Click Next to continue.

8. With the disk or other media still in the drive, enter your current account password in the text box and click Next.

Windows Vista will now create the password reset disk on your chosen media.

9. When the progress indicator shows 100% complete, click Next and then click Finish in the next window.

Here you created password recovery disk in Vista, remove your floppy disk and store it in a safe place.

To prevent being locked out in case the password is lost create a password reset disk. It is very simple to make this disk,there is no easy way to access the Windows XP operating system if a password is forgotten.

To create a password rest disk:

1) Insert a blank floppy disk into drive.

2) Open User Accounts in Control Panel.

3) Double-click on your account name.

4) On the left side of the window, under Related Tasks, select Prevent a forgotten password.

A wizard will pop up and walk you through the process of creating the password recovery disk.

which O.S xp or vista ??

raj4sun Guest

Re: How can I recover my password to logon in windows

Quote Originally Posted by Steinbach View Post
    Hi,, I wanted to know is there any way that i can recover my password to log in to windows because most of the times i forget my passwords ?
    Please help.
    By usnig ERD 2005 disk (for Administrator User)

For equal Admin user the Ctrl + Alt + del buttons when the logon screen appears,

in that screen

Username : Administator
    Password : (leave it empty)

then press enter

then go to control panel

-> users
    -> there select ur username
    -> then create new password
    -> after the restart ur computer.
    -> and enjoy the work.

if u solved ur problem then tell to ur firends abt it.

In an enterprise environment it's much easier to give users the ability to reset their own passwords.

Desktop authority password self service is the tool we use to implement a "Forgot your password ?" button to every login screen.
    It allowing users to reset their own passwords after answering a set of security questions.

http://www.scriptlogic.com/products/...d-self-service

Once you have done all that I would suggest removing your password if your that forgetful.