If you have any AVI files that you saved in Windows 9x, they might have interference when opened in Windows XP.Don't worry i have found a good solution over here.It's very simple you just need to follow the below mention steps for it.
- First Open Windows Movie Maker.
- Select on View and then Options.
- Now have a uncheck on automatically create clips.
- Import the movie file that has interference and drag it onto the timeline.
- Now save the movie. During the re-rendering, the interference will be removed.