Thread: Clone a hard drive using freeware XXClone

Clone a hard drive using freeware XXClone

hi there

I have gone through a lot of software which helps you to make a clone of your hard drive; but none of them is as simple as i found this software to be. I am so amazed by the simplicity that this software povides for cloning a hard drive which when you listen for the first time makes you realise that it is the toughest thing in the entire world.

But with the help of this software you are able to easily make a clone of your hard drive just like that.

• I am talking about XXClone software.This software makes a self-bootable clone of Windows system disk. the software supports all 32-bit Windows opeating system such as 95, 98, ME, NT4, 2000, XP.
    • The software has the ability to restore the self-bootability in many cases.
    • It takes only a minute to run. You should keep the Freeware handy for just in case. The Pro version is ideal for daily backup. It also supports common internal disk drives (IDE, SATA, SCSI). It supports external USB/FIREWIRE drives which are perfectly ideal for a laptop.
    • This software competes with Norton Ghost, DriveImage, MaxBlast. It is much faster than any of them in typical daily backup. Using this software disables you to go to the DOS mode and it operates in regular Windows environment.

Re: Clone a hard drive using freeware XXClone

• The best way the program really works is that it usually clones the opearting system volume to another hard drive available that can be made ready to boot without the requirement of restore.
    • With the help of disk imaging programs, you can generally restore the image of a partition or system volume for recovering purpose. The amazing thing about XXClone software is you just have to boot in a normal way from the system hard drive where the clone is actually saved.
    • XXClone software is perfect if computers have several physical hard disks. You can also store the clone to an external device, such as a USB drive, but many times Windows are unable to boot an external device. The best way for this is to clone the source volume to another available volume on another different hard disk.
    • In the available free version, you are able to choose the source as well as the target volumes, but only have single option for cloning. The remaining options are for the Pro version, but they are not required.

Procedure:

1. Initially, you have to click on the Start button in order to begin copying.
    2. You are also able to configure some setting on the available Advanced Settings tab.
    3. In this you are bale to choose an alternative wallpaper for the target desktop.
    4. You can also use HyperSync for faster and quicker backups.
    5. Then shutdown the computer after backup.
    6. Or you are also able to create a log/debug file.

• Below Cool Tools menu, there are some essential options, such as making the target volume bootable, duplicating the Volume ID from source to target, testing the target, making a quick boot disk, etc.
    • The option make Bootable option makes you able to set the target volume in a self-bootable mode. Also that if the source drive fails to do so, then the only way you can perform it is to have a quick boot disk, so always be sure to make change in one of those first.

Acoording to me in an overall sense, the program works extremely great and helps you in getying the job done. If you are searching for a quick and simple way to clone your hard drive, then definitely go for XXClone cloning hard drive software.

Please let me know by your views that how you find the tip as wellas bout your response regarding this software.