Thread: Create Hidden User Account in Windows

Create Hidden User Account in Windows

showing and displaying of user accounts on the Welcome Screen is probably a weakness in the security point of view, more so if the user account is intended to be a hidden or backup user account. In fact, there is trick to make user account or administrator account that normally been listed on the Welcome Screen to be hidden from view.

In order to hide a user account (which also means create a hidden user account) in Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7, just go to Control Panel User module and create an additional user as usually do (Control Panel -> User Accounts and Family Safety -> User Accounts in Windows 7 and Windows Vista). If you already have an existing user that wants to be made hidden, invisible or disappeared from Welcome Screen, then go straight to guide below.
    1. Run Registry Editor (RegEdit.exe).
    2. Navigate to the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList

Note: If SpecialAccounts and UserList is not found, create new sub-key and name them accordingly.
    3. Select UserList, and in the right pane, right click on any blank space, and point to New -> DWORD (32-bit) Value.
    4. Name the new DWORD registry value name as the exact same name that match the name of the user account to be hidden.
    5. For example, if the user ID of the user account is John, the name the registry value as John.
    6. Double click on DWORD registry value, and set the value data to 0 in oder to hide the account from Welcome Screen.

Tip: To display the user account on Welcome Screen again so that it’s visible again, delete the registry entry, or set the value data to 1.
    7. Exit Registry Editor.
    8. Log off or restart computer to make the change effective.
    QTechnology Ultra-Quiet ATX PSU 460W I MSI K8N Neo4-F I AMD Opteron 144 CABNE0545 2.66Ghz I 2 x 512MB RAM I 380GB Maxtor SATAI Raid0 Hard Drive I 40GB Maxtor IDE Hard Drive I Nvidia GeForce 7900GTX I Win XP Home Service Pack 2 I Soundblaster Xtreme Fidelity Fatal1ty I Mercury Home Theater HT-4500

Re: Create Hidden User Account in Windows

In order to login into Windows using an user account that has made hidden and invisible, just press Ctrl+Alt+Del to bring up Windows Logon dialog, and then type in the user name and password manually.
    QTechnology Ultra-Quiet ATX PSU 460W I MSI K8N Neo4-F I AMD Opteron 144 CABNE0545 2.66Ghz I 2 x 512MB RAM I 380GB Maxtor SATAI Raid0 Hard Drive I 40GB Maxtor IDE Hard Drive I Nvidia GeForce 7900GTX I Win XP Home Service Pack 2 I Soundblaster Xtreme Fidelity Fatal1ty I Mercury Home Theater HT-4500

How can we Put password For these acc. Can We logging to Machine By Using This Accounts

I create user account as u told. But after restart that user Acc. Not Shown in computer Management ==> User Acc List

Re: Create Hidden User Account in Windows

Thanks!

I needed this because I want my wife to have an account on the computer so she can use the attached printer, but she has her own computer and doesn't always need to physically log in. Sometimes she needs the desktop through, so I created these registry scripts--so I don't have to go into the registry every time I need to show or hidden her profile on the login screen.

Disable SecondUser.reg
    Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList]
    "SecondUser"=dword:00000000
    Enable SecondUser.reg
    Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList]
    "SecondUser-rename"=dword:00000000