Thread: Expanding 'Send to' option in Windows 7

Expanding 'Send to' option in Windows 7

Windows 7 is in a lot of news from the previously released Microsoft (Windows XP and Windows Vista). Differences of interface design, functionality, management processes, etc ... Even the shortcut keys on your differences are significant.

Look at how the personal menu "Send To" in Windows Vista is. It is the option which allows you to copy/send a file or folder from one place to another by simply right-click.

"Send To" in Windows Vista:

As you can see in the picture above, destinations offered in Windows XP and Windows Vista are not as many. Nothing is more in Windows 7.

But if you hold down the Shift key while you right-click the file/folder you can see that the number of destinations for file or folder that you can select is much larger...

Re: Expanding 'Send to' option in Windows 7

Oh.. and in the image above, the two new options have proven to me when I use a combination Shift-right-clicking.

Copy as Path - Copy the location (path) file or folder on your hard disk. If the above example, SMART is the folder to my desktop. When I gave the "Copy as Path" on the clipboard it was saved "C:\Users\TechArena\Desktop\SMART "

Nice finding friend
    Windows 7 is rocking
    See here Windows 7 Keyboard shortcuts

Also there is option Open in new process - Open folder contents in a new trial. (Eg explorer.exe). This new thing is very important in the management of system resources.

Congratulations on this article, I have found some keyboard shortcuts and other external sites, but many were not so useful. Most of them knew, but for example Ctrl no, and it is very useful.

And a very useful thing is the last part, with the right Shift, Open in new addition process. I had some software problems and I always close the current session as explorer.exe blocked. Now they hope to close only on them
    Shift Right in the bar restarts are useful and pretty upset that I was no longer on win7
    Congratulations once again!

I've been forced to use OS X for months at a time and picked up a good number of the keyboard shortcuts...but I do believe this certainly makes Win7 more productive than any previous version of Windows or Mac OS X.