The print spooler service allows you to load the print jobs for later printing, ie to put them in the print queue.
How to start or stop the print spooler?
- Right click on My Computer (Computer on Vista) and select Manage
- In the console that opens, pull down the Services menu and applications
- Click on Services
- Double-click on the Print Spooler key
- In the "General" tab, go to Startup Type
- Set the value to Automatic, Manual or Disabled
- To enable or disable the print spooler service immediately, click Stop or Start
- Finally click Apply