Thread: Kill Windows Explorer Processes Easily in Windows Vista

Kill Windows Explorer Processes Easily in Windows Vista

The normal way to terminate Windows Explorer’s processes is to go to Task Manager, look for Explorer.exe under Processes tab, then right clicking on it and select End Process. This actually involves few steps in killing only a single Explorer.exe. If you have multiple Explorer processes running at the same time, then you need to repeat above steps to kill each of them. Now Windows Vista offers you an easy and faster way to kill all of running explorer processes with only few simple clicks.

Normal way

The usual way of terminating the explorer process is through the Task manager. Rt-Click taskbar > Task manager > Process Tab > Rt Click explorer.exe > End Process.

Easy Way

Click Start button > Hold down Ctrl+Shift & Right Click on empty area in the Start Menu > Click “Exit Explorer”.

To re-start it, you will have to do so as usual through the Task Manager. Click Ctrl+Alt+Delete and select Star Task Manager or press Ctrl+Shift+Esc. Then launch explorer.exe manually.
    Do not email me asking for tech support. Any private support is billable at $50 an hour.

Re: Kill Windows Explorer Processes Easily in Windows Vista

Thank you very much, this could be very useful. So many times it happens that processes get stuck in the task manager and start annoying us. This can take care of that problem.
    QTechnology Ultra-Quiet ATX PSU 460W I MSI K8N Neo4-F I AMD Opteron 144 CABNE0545 2.66Ghz I 2 x 512MB RAM I 380GB Maxtor SATAI Raid0 Hard Drive I 40GB Maxtor IDE Hard Drive I Nvidia GeForce 7900GTX I Win XP Home Service Pack 2 I Soundblaster Xtreme Fidelity Fatal1ty I Mercury Home Theater HT-4500