Thread: How to Fix Winamp CD Ripping Options in Windows 7?

How to Fix Winamp CD Ripping Options in Windows 7?

Hello, I Recently Installed Windows 7 and other software that included winamp. but i found out that Winamp ripping option was not working, and i thought this error could possibily due to windows 7 incompatibility. so could anybody please give me tip and any suggestion to fix it. thanks

Re: How to Fix Winamp CD Ripping Options in Windows 7?

Hi, Here might a small workaround that could possibly fix the winamp error the CD ripping options might appear again in Windows 7 if you follow the above steps

1. You Reinstall Winamp in Administrator mode,To run winamp In ADMINISTRATOR MODE. IMPORTANT USE THE RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR OPTION. Right mouse click on the exe file to get the run as administrator options.on Windows 7 since it is a Beta system the logged on usuer usually has administrator rights.If you upgraded to Windows 7 from Vista via Upgrade rather than new Windows install and you had Winamp already installed uninstall it (only if you had the missing CD ripping options problem). Delete also manually 3 files left in the winamp folder after the uninstall.
    2. Re-boot the computer - you might have to do this anyway to delete the 3 files left in the winamp folder after the uninstall
    3. Install again -- leave the SONIC option checked (just use the default from the install package).
    4. re-boot.
    5. Works fine BTW I haven't tried the CD burning as after I've converted the stuff to FLAC I do the burning in Nero with the Nero mega plugin pack which allows direct CD burning from FLAC.

happy to help you