Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Tips & Tweaks
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 30-01-2009

How to Start the task manager at startup mode

I am already asked if it was possible to start the Task Manager (Task Manager) when you start Windows mode (either in the Notification Area or Systray). At the time I received this request, I was not able to respond. I'm going to find the information and I found it. The following manipulation was tested on Windows XP, 2000, 2003 and Vista.

First make a right click on your desktop and select New> Shortcut.
In the field of location, just type: taskmgr or C:\Windows\System32\taskmgr.exe
** The 2 methods work
Now that your shortcut is created, right-click the shortcut and select Properties.
Select the "Shortcut" and select from the drop-down list under the "Run" option "Minimized".
Then close the dialog.
Now, if you want it to start the opening of Windows, click Start> All Programs, right-click the Startup folder and select Open.
Then simply copy or move your shortcut to create this folder and your task manager to start opening in the Windows notification area.

TechArena Community > Software > Tips & Tweaks
Tags: , , ,