Thread: Install a virtual drive in Windows 7

Install a virtual drive in Windows 7

The Program Compatibility Wizard displays an error message to install Daemon Tools and the installation fails.

The problem is solved by using UltraISO to successfully install a virtual drive.

Important: When installing UltraISO, ensure check "SetUp ISO CD / DVD emulator (ISO Drive) and not launch the program immediately after installation, but only after you restart the computer for the virtual drive is mounted.

To have more virtual drives:

• Go to Options ->Settings ->Virtual Drive, then select the desired number (maximum 8) in front of Number of devices ->OK

To mount an ISO image on a virtual drive:

• First open the ISO file, then click on Tools ->Mount virtual drive -> Run ...
    • then go in "computer" for the launch or the explorer.

Re: Install a virtual drive in Windows 7

There is one old version odf Daemon that works. i.e ver. 3.17 . this daemon old version works very well but.. problem is that i could not uninstall from Seven... i could only remove this by System Restore...i just can't believe this...

ThumbsUp Re: Install a virtual drive in Windows 7

Goto Add/Remove programs to remove the daemon tools. if you cant find add/remove programs in control panel type this in search/run box in start menu without quotes "appwiz.cpl" All the best...!

Anyone have a copy of Daemon tools 3.17? Kinda lost a lot of stuff due to a HD crash...

Here is link for you : DAEMON Tools 3.17 (0x03110000) . Why you need the older version only? is it working on Windows 7?
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

Apparently V3.17 works, refer to post 2, however the link you gave directs you to Daemon tools website where all the older versions have been removed, latest version is 4.30. Thanks anyway...
    Unfortunately the newer versions don't work. keep restarting PC, re-installing, restart PC, over and over and over again.....

daemon 3.17 from oldware.org
    but it cannot handle big size iso (tested with iso of 5gb)
    it works with cd-size iso, nrg , ..

Quote Originally Posted by Solomon View Post
    Goto Add/Remove programs to remove the daemon tools. if you cant find add/remove programs in control panel type this in search/run box in start menu without quotes "appwiz.cpl" All the best...!

Hi, i tryed to install the daemontools 3,17 from the last link on this site, when i did i got an arror saying a virtual scsi driver is missing, and when i try to remove it from the link you gave i get blue screen. i got the lastest windows 7 orginal! how can i remove it? delete all the files my self?

Use UltraISO, It works Great, you can download the trial version and use the virtual drive feature of it for free forever...

I think you guys can take a look at DAEMON Tools Lite v4.35.5 (with SPTD 1.62). It's compatible with Windows 7 and comes with various features.

Can't you just enable a virtual drive by right clicking on the desktop and in the menu that pops up it says "enable---"? It's easy to load a ISO and later eject it. Why bother with anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by Marexius View Post
    Hi, i tryed to install the daemontools 3,17 from the last link on this site, when i did i got an arror saying a virtual scsi driver is missing, and when i try to remove it from the link you gave i get blue screen. i got the lastest windows 7 orginal! how can i remove it? delete all the files my self?
    daemon tools 3.17 did'nt worked either, I'm using windows 7 starter, also the uninstall fail, got to delete directly from c:/program files/d-tools.

Ill try ultraISO.

m2brier Guest

ThumbsUp Re: Install a virtual drive in Windows 7

I agree that ultra iso is superb. easily available on rs or torrent sites. it is also not disk specific for images ie burn a cd Image to a dvd. also supports .nrg files plus many others.

Yes I will too recommend UltraISO. It is a nice is software that provides the possibility to perform various manipulations on the image of a CD or DVD. So that makes all the job much easier. You could for example add or delete files and folders in the tree of a virtual disk. It is also possible by this software which can create its own image file from files on your hard drive. You will also be possible to convert an image into a multitude of different.