Cleaning restore points:
- Under Windows Seven, it is now possible to clean directly all restore points, without disabling the protection system.
- In Control Panel (Control Panel), and then System Security (System and Security), click System (System).
- In the left pane, click System Protection (Protection System).
- After ascertaining that the protection system on the C drive is activated (On), click on Setup (Configure)
Delete all restore points:
- Under the heading Diskspace used (Disk Space Usage), click Delete (Delete), then click Apply (Apply).
- All restore points are deleted.
Remove restore points except the most recent:
- It is always possible, as with Vista, to keep the last restore point created:
- In Computer (Computer), right-click on C, then Properties (properties), click Disk Cleanup (Disk Cleanup), then clean the system files (Clean up system files)
- which shows the More Options tab (More Options)
- By clicking on Clean (Clean up) under System Restore and Shadow (System Restore and Shadow Copies), restore points will be removed, except the most recent.