Thread: How to know if someone has blocked you on Windows Live Messenger?

How to know if someone has blocked you on Windows Live Messenger?

There is a simple way to know if one of your contacts that is more in line you have always been blocked or deleted from its list of contacts. Here's how ...

Few users know this, but Windows Live Messenger offers options in a practical way to control exactly which are the contacts we have, what are those we once banned and if you want or not allow strangers to contact you. This option also allows to know if one of your contacts offline you blocked or removed from its list of active contacts.

• Open Windows Live Messenger

• View the menu (or by pressing the [ALT], or by clicking the icon on the far right)

• Deploy the Tools menu and select Options

• Select the Privacy tab

• Please Green list and select the contact that does not seem reachable

• Click on the contact with the right mouse button ...

• If you have access to the "Delete" is that the contact has removed (or blocked) of its green list. If the option is grayed out, is that the contact has been maintained as a friend but is simply not connected.

Other tips:

While you're on the Privacy tab:
    • For maximum safety, make sure that the contact "All other" is well positioned in RED LIST!
    • For a list of all users WLM that you have included in their contact list (even if they are not in your own list of contacts), click the View button under the section lists contacts.

Re: How to know if someone has blocked you on Windows Live Messenger?

blockstatus.com has a link called MSN Delete Checker. Select the secure option on the page. If you put your login id, and password, it tells you which of your contacts have deleted you, or blocked you.

Well this is really useful information for the windows messenger users but i want to know if the same options for chat programs like Yahoo messenger & gtalk are available or not?
    I will look of these options in my windows live messenger & see if i can configure it for some contacts.
    Thanks again for the tip mate.

I have created another MSN account and added myself and then blocked myself also. The option was still grayed out! So, you can't really know if you are blocked or not!