| || |
Join Date: Jan 2009
How To Make A CD/DVD Autorun
- Here is some information that you will need to make a CD/DVD autorun.
- This feature of the CD is used by almost all the software manufacturers.
- When u insert a CD a program runs automatically.
- copy an icon(.ico extension) to a suitable folder that u want to give to ur CD.
- Then, open notepad & type the following code:
- Then save the file as autorun.inf in a suitable folder.
- Here, "icon.ico" is an icon file with name "icon" and ".ico" is the icon's extension. "filename.exe" is the name of the executable file having "filename" as its name and ".exe" is the extension for any executable file.
- Now burn your CD/DVD normally as you do it usually.
- put the autorun.inf file that you created in the root directory not in any folder.
- If the Executive File and Icon File is not in the root drive, but in a folder, you will have to provide the path in the above code. Example:
- Make sure you do not put the autorun.inf file in any folder, else the CD/DVD wont autorun!
- Thats It...! You're Done!