MenuShowDelay is my favorite trick.you can use it to speed up
interval used to delay the appearance of the cascading menus when you click Start on the Taskbar.
Start > Run > regedit > Enter > HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Control Panel > Desktop > double click MenuShowDelay from right side and change the value to something lower to reduce the delay (make faster) when your mouse goes over the menus under the start button.
Determines the interval from the time the cursor is pointed at a menu until the menu items are displayed.
To change the Start menu display interval, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedt32, and then click OK.
- On the Windows menu, click HKEY_CURRENT_USER on Local Machine.
- Click the \Control Panel\Desktop folder.
- Double-click the MenuShowDelay value, type a number representing the menu display delay (in number of milliseconds) in the String box, and then click OK. You can enter any whole number between 0 and 4,000. If you use an entry of 0, there is no menu display delay.
- Quit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.