Trick to remove or delete Route Rule from Windows Routing Table
Normally, Windows operating system will manage the route rules automatically. However, sometime, the routes may be incorrectly defined, especially in complex networking environment or system with more than one network adapters. In some other cases, accidentally insert a TCP/IP route entry incorrectly also require a deletion of it from the routing table.
To delete a route from Windows routing table, follow these steps:
1. Click Start -> Run, and enter Cmd, and then press Enter to open a command prompt window. In Windows Vista or Windows 7, use Start Search instead.
2. The syntax for the route command to delete a routing table entry is:
route delete [destination]
route delete 192.168.1.0
3. Press enter after entering the command to delete and remove a route.
4. After deletion, view the routing table to verify that the correct routing table rule was deleted.
Alternatively, administrator of Windows Server operating system such as Windows Server 2003
and Windows Server 2008 can also use Routing and Remote Access management console to remove a route.
1. Click Start -> Administrative Tools -> Routing And Remote Access to open the Routing And Remote Access MMC snap-in console.
2. Expand the computer node in the console tree. If the routing and remote access function is not enabled for the PC yet, right click and select Configure and Enable Routing and Remote Access to setup the node for LAN routing (under custom configuration).
3. Expand IP Routing child.
4. Right click on Static Routes and select Show IP Routing Table from the context menu.
5. Current static routes will be displayed in the right pane. Locate and select the static route that you want to remove from the IP routing table listing.
6. Right-click the specific static route, and then select Delete from the context menu.
7. The static route is immediately removed from the routing table.
"To The World You May Be Just One Person, But To One Person You May Be The World"
|Tags: route rule|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Similar Threads for: "Trick to remove or delete Route Rule from Windows Routing Table"|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|I can't receive host routing table on Blackberry bold 9700||Eta!!||Portable Devices||2||24-11-2011 12:17 PM|
|How to change routing table on Windows Server 2003||Harmony60||Networking & Security||2||03-08-2009 11:52 PM|
|Help With Corrupted IP Routing Table||Nadeem||Networking & Security||3||16-07-2009 04:41 PM|
|Show and Display IP Routing Table in Windows or Linux||pragnesh||Tips & Tweaks||0||25-12-2008 07:31 PM|
|Route add does not change routing path||Manik||Windows Vista Network||2||21-01-2008 06:10 PM|