This trick allows you to disable the display of modern login screen (Welcome), and use the login screen classic. It works only for Windows 2000 and XP.
Through Control Panel
- Go to Control Panel> User Accounts.
- Click "Change the way users log on or off."
- Uncheck the box "Use the Welcome screen" and click OK.
You will notice the change as soon as you close your session.
To reactivate the modern login screen, select the "Use the Welcome screen."
Through the registry (method being checked)
To do this, a change in the registry is needed. It is recommended to save it.
- Go to Start> Run.
- Type regedit and click OK.
- Locate the key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Policies \ Explorer
- Double click on the value chain NoWelcomeScreen and modifies its data 1 (If the value does not exist, create it).