Thread: Download Free “Morro” Anti-Virus/Malware/Spyware Solution from Microsoft.

Download Free “Morro” Anti-Virus/Malware/Spyware Solution from Microsoft.

Still busy looking for free anti-virus, anti-malware or anti-spyware security protection product? Most Windows users do not have such a worry by second half of 2009, as Microsoft has announced plan to offer a no-cost consumer security offering to “address the growing need for a PC security solution tailored to the demands of emerging markets, smaller PC form factors and rapid increases in the incidence of malware”.

The new security offering, code-named as “Morro” will feature streamlined solution with smaller footprint that focuses on core anti-malware protection and will provide comprehensive protection from malware including viruses, spyware, rootkits and trojans, according to Microsoft press release. The security product won’t provide additional non-security features or advanced functions that comes with commercial consumer security suites from other third-party vendors. Possible exclusion includes firewall.

“Morro” will be built from the existing anti-malware technology that fuels the company’s current line of security products, highly possible is Windows Live OneCare, which have received the VB100 award from Virus Bulletin, Checkmark Certification from West Coast Labs and certification from the International Computer Security Association Labs. As such, Microsoft also announced that it will discontinue Windows Live OneCare from June 30, 2009, although paid subscription users can continue to receive up-to-date virus signatures through the whole subscription period, as explained in Windows Live OneCare blog.

The freeware “Morro” will be available as a stand-alone free download and will support Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7[/URL] operating systems.

Re: Download Free “Morro” Anti-Virus/Malware/Spyware Solution from Microsoft.

Thanks for giving the Nice post,this will help to protect the computer from unknown Virus.

Thanks

please give me morro for windows xp

i have this page up, now where do i go to download the free morro?

Quote Originally Posted by bnoxon View Post
    i have this page up, now where do i go to download the free morro?
    Morro is now renamed by the name Microsoft Security Essentials and if you want to download this antivirus, then you can directly go to microsoft website and download it, first select your operating system and then click on download to start downloading it, also remember that it will test a genuine capability of your Operating System.