| || |
Join Date: May 2008
Option to display hidden files and folders disappeared
Under Windows XP, you may lose the option that allows you to view files and cookies. This is usually due to changes in the registry caused by a virus or malicious software on your system. If you think your PC is infected, then it needs to be disinfected before making the next step because it will not help if your PC is still infected. To find these options, simply do this:
- Click Start menu, then click Run (or Windows key + R).
- Type cmd, a command prompt window (DOS) will open.
- Type regsvr32 / i browseui.dll then press the Enter key, wait for a confirmation window.
- Type regsvr32 / i shell32.dll then press the Enter key, wait for a confirmation window.
- Close the command prompt.