| || |
| || |
Join Date: Mar 2008
Clear IE7 Browser Temporary Files at Exit automatically
Today I’m going to show you How-To do this automatically when you close your browser as well as from the CMD line or batch file you can place on your desktop and run anytime you like. So first, let’s begin with How-To clear the IE7 browser history each time you close the browser.
Delete Temporary Internet Files:
- Open Internet Explorer 7, Click Tools, Internet Options
- Click Advanced Tab, Scroll Down and Check the box Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when browser is closed, Click OK and your DONE!
- It’s also possible to clear all the Browser History Files, Cookies, Temp Files etc… using one of the commands below:
- RunDll32.exe InetCpl.cpl,ClearMyTracksByProcess 8
- RunDll32.exe InetCpl.cpl,ClearMyTracksByProcess 2
Delete Form Data:
- RunDll32.exe InetCpl.cpl,ClearMyTracksByProcess 1
- RunDll32.exe InetCpl.cpl,ClearMyTracksByProcess 16
- RunDll32.exe InetCpl.cpl,ClearMyTracksByProcess 32
- RunDll32.exe InetCpl.cpl,ClearMyTracksByProcess 255
(Also delete files and settings stored by add-ons):
- RunDll32.exe InetCpl.cpl,ClearMyTracksByProcess 4351
Now, you can either run these commands from a CMD line, or from the Start, Start Search Run Box in Vista OR, even better from a Batch File. The batch file is a nice touch because you can create it on your desktop and Making and as we all know making batch file is very easy just put all commands in notepad file with .bat extension. Enjoy this trick and its really useful.