Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Tips & Tweaks
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2008

How to Supress, Hide or Remove #DIV/0! Error in Microsoft Office Excel

Hi Fenton here,
I am regular user of Excel just recently I upgraded to Microsoft office Excel 2007.but In Microsoft Excel or Microsoft Office Excel spreadsheet program, when a value is divided by zero (0) or a blank cell in the formula, the cell that displays the result will show the error value #DIV/0! as the result of the calculation. I don't know why an updated latest version of Microsoft excel is doing this although I didn't have any problem when I tried this in Ms office excel 2003. Can anybody tell me why this happen. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-11-2008

Re: How to Supress, Hide or Remove #DIV/0! Error in Microsoft Office Excel

Excel displays the #DIV/0! error when a number is divided either by zero (0) or by a cell that contains no value.

Symptom
Excel displays the #DIV/0! error in one or more cells on a worksheet.

Causes
  • Entering a formula that performs explicit division by zero (0) — for example, =5/0.
  • Using a reference to a blank cell or to a cell that contains zero as the divisor in a formula or function that performs division.
  • Running a macro that uses a function or a formula that returns the #DIV/0! error

Resolution
  • Make sure that the divisor in the function or formula is not zero (0) or blank.
  • Change the cell reference in the formula to another cell that does not contain a zero or a blank value.
  • Enter the value #N/A in the cell that is referenced as the divisor in the formula.
  • Entering #N/A will change the result of the formula to #N/A from #DIV/0! to indicate that the divisor value is not available.
  • Prevent the error value from being displayed by using the IF worksheet function. You can then display 0 or any string as the result.

Hope it helps you.
Old 04-11-2008

Re: How to Supress, Hide or Remove #DIV/0! Error in Microsoft Office Excel

thanks effren for your simple solution its really help.

TechArena Community > Software > Tips & Tweaks
Tags: ,