| || |
Join Date: Aug 2006
Activate Windows Home Server with a simple change in the Registry
in the past we have seen that modifying a simple registry key can obtain a copy of Windows XP fully functional just as if it had actually purchased a license: this time we will see how we can obtain the activation of Windows Home Server in a similar manner.
Windows Home Server is a version of Windows designed for storage in the family: between the various features in particular offers an opportunity to organize and share audio and video files and manage in a simple and automatic backup of all home computer .
- Obtain or let them send a free evaluation copy (ending after 120 days) from Microsoft through this link, currently for Europe are only available versions English, French and German. In the following paragraphs and then we will refer to the English version.
- Once installed your trial version of Windows Home Server, from the start menu ( "Start" button) select "Run"
- In the box that appears type "regedit" to launch the Registry Editor, and then identified the following key in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ WPAEvents
- (Note: the amendments to be avesso progress must be made as quickly as possible, otherwise Windows could change some settings automatically in the case of partial identify mismatches level data Registry)
- Identify the key OOBETimer, highlight and right mouse button choose "Modify"
- Sostituitene value with the following: FF D5 71 D6 8B 6A 8D 6F D5 33 93 FD and select "OK"
- Select WPAEvents click the right mouse button and choose "Permissions…," then "Advanced"
- In the box management permits to remove the check checkbox on the following message: "Inherit from parent the permission entries that apply to child objects. Include these with entries explicitly defined here. "Then click" Apply ".
- Appear further confirmation box: select "Copy"
- From the window advanced management permits selected "SYSTEM" then click on "Edit". Select the "Deny" to prevent all users to access the key or change it.
- Date "OK" and restart the computer