Most of us do a good number of presentations in our day to day activity. Whether you are doing professional presentation in your office for training or product display or you are a big time uploader on slideshare, you can’t live without making powerpoint presentations.

With web influencing so much of our daily activity on computers, I am sure most ofyou would have inserted those links in your presentation to show a web page. However, what happens when you click the link when you are presenting. You end up opening that web page in your default browser and then explaining the details related to the page you opened from powerpoint. Then you close the browser and maximize your powerpoint presentation to continue with the presentation.

Seems like things could have been much more easier if you avoided steps like launching your browser, opening the page, closing the browser and then moving the focus back to your presentation. I’d have liked it if I could just navigate and explain the web page from right within my presentation. I am glad to let you know that there’s a plugin that caters exactly to this need of your. The plugin called as LiveWeb integrates seamlessly into your presentation and makes your presentation a one window stop. You can get the plugin here.

Follow the steps to add the addin in your powerpoint.

PowerPoint 97 or later.

PowerPoint 97-2003 users: Click here (zip) or here (setup)
PowerPoint 2007 users: Click here (zip)
Installation Instructions (applicable only for zip) :
1. Extract the contents of the zip to a folder.
2. Launch PowerPoint.
3. Click on Tools | Add-ins to bring up the add-ins window.
4. Click on Add to bring up the ‘Add New PowerPoint Add-in’ dialog box.
5. Navigate to the folder where the contents of the zip file was extracted and select ‘LiveWeb.ppa’ and click on OK.
6. You might be prompted with the macro virus warning. Enable the macros. When the Add-in is properly loaded, it will display a ‘X’ against the add-in name.
7. That’s it. You have successfully loaded the add-in. Now put it to use.

Note: If you are unable to load the add-in check your macro security setting.

Usage
1. Click on Insert | Web Pages…
2. Enter the list of web page address that you wish to create.
3. Provide the additional info required.
4. LiveWeb will create slides with web browser controls embedded on the slides
5. Run the slide show.
6. The web pages will be displayed during the slide show and refreshed at real-time.

Once you have the plugin you can insert any web page using LiveWeb by going to to insert –> Webpage, as shown in the snapshot below:

I am sure this will be a great tool for making your presentation much more robust and convenient.