Thread: usb monitoring tool

usb monitoring tool

Hi all,

Is there any software to detect USB Pen drive detection tool in a server- client environment.Because it causes our network to fail due to virus affection and so that more head ache for us.Plz tell me ........

If I understand it correctly, you want a software that monitors all client computers to check if they are adding any usb drives to their machines?

There comes such software that can be used to block any USB devices to be detected in the client machines. I had been across such a scenario where I was required to beg towards the server management team to enable the USB device on my machine from their side.

I will try to find out what softwares these could be and will tell you.

do you want a USB Drive Disabler Software that Recovery USB data that you have lost because of the virus ?
    Because it causes our network to fail due to virus affection
    im confused what do you want my head ache !

so that more head ache
    my head ache !
    i will tell you both to take a pain killer drug, that will help you !

Dr. V Guest

Re :usb monitoring tool

do you want a USB Drive Disabler Software that Recovery USB data that you have lost because of the virus ?
    let me explain you more !

USB Drive Data Recovery software 3.0.1.5 description
    Recovers data from crashed usb removable media, supports all type of usb drives.

Pen drive / Memory stick data recovery software restore recover and retrieve lost missing, deleted, formatted, corrupted, files, folders, music, pictures, video, digital photo and images from crashed usb removable media, compact flash multimedia card.
    Pen drive / Memory stick file recovery software is safe easy and Non-Destructive Read-only removable usb drive data retrieval software utility and tool. It is used to restore recover and retrieve lost missing deleted formatted or corrupted Data files and folders from damaged Logically bad crashed memory stick, usb, thumb drive, pen drive, dongle, external usb, hard disk Drive or other usb removable disk drive. Software also includes support for compact flash memory card multimedia card SD card removable microdrive smart drive media flash card memory etc.
    Features::
    - Ensures data recovery even from accidentally formatted removable media and Deleted files and folders.
    - Supports all type of usb drives and memory sticks including Apacer AVB Kingmax Lexar PenDrive PQI Ridata Supermedia Super Flash Transcend Apacer Kingston Sony generic Corsair PNY Simple Ritek Crucial Dane-Elec Viking SanDisk in all capacities e.g. 64MB 128MB 256MB 512MB 1GB 2GB 4GB and even higher capacity drives.
    - Data Retrieval Support for both type of formatting and Deletion either by Microsoft Windows or Apple Macintosh OSX.
    - Retrieve and Restore corrupted files and folders damaged due to human error or any Virus Generated Data Loss.
    - Recovers Data even if DRIVE NOT FORMATTED message is displayed by your Computer while accessing USB removable media in My Computer and usb device Volume is not Recognized by the System because file system is not detected.
    - Easiest Data retrieval software to restore lost data, recover formatted or damaged files before you fix and repair your corrupted storage device.

he wants a USB Pen drive detection tool in a server- client environment .

Symantec Endpoint protection v.11.x comes with full control over client computers and device control.
    You install Endpoint protection on the server and then from the server, you deploy remotly the client version of endpoint protection. This will give you full control over all the client computers on the network from one location.

You can then have endpoint protection block any usb device or whatever you want on the clients computers.

yes am looking for client detection software from a server that which which client connects the USB drive without the knowledge of administrator of the Company if it is a policy for the company to secure data

Quote Originally Posted by jajjii View Post
    If I understand it correctly, you want a software that monitors all client computers to check if they are adding any usb drives to their machines?

yes dude you are right

Have you tried Symantec Endpoint protection v.11.x as mentioned by jajjii. If not, give it a try. I thing that will meet your purpose.