Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to Remove or Reset Trend Micro OfficeScan Uninstall Password to Default

Tips & Tweaks

Old 18-07-2008

How to Remove or Reset Trend Micro OfficeScan Uninstall Password to Default

Trend Micro OfficeScan is an enterprise security solution with complete anti-virus, anti-spyware and anti-rootkit that been deployed on company’s desktops, laptops and file servers to protect and secure the perimeters of corporate network and systems against today’s complex, blended threats and Web-based attacks.

Usually, administrators will lock the corporate edition of Trend Micro Office Scan client program by assigning an uninstallation password, which must be entered correctly when computer user attempt to uninstall Trend Micro OfficeScan client from the PC.

So how to uninstall or remove Trend Micro Office Scan when the password to uninstall is unknown or lost? Here’s a simple hack to remove or reset the uninstallation password for TrendMicro OfficeScan, after which user can uninstall Trend Micro Office Scan by using the default password.

Trend Micro OfficeScan is an enterprise security solution with complete anti-virus, anti-spyware and anti-rootkit that been deployed on company’s desktops, laptops and file servers to protect and secure the perimeters of corporate network and systems against today’s complex, blended threats and Web-based attacks.

Usually, administrators will lock the corporate edition of Trend Micro Office Scan client program by assigning an uninstallation password, which must be entered correctly when computer user attempt to uninstall Trend Micro OfficeScan client from the PC.

So how to uninstall or remove Trend Micro Office Scan when the password to uninstall is unknown or lost? Here’s a simple hack to remove or reset the uninstallation password for TrendMicro OfficeScan, after which user can uninstall Trend Micro Office Scan by using the default password.
  • Search for Ofcscan.ini file. Normally the file is located in C:\Windows folder for Windows 95 and Windows 98, or C:\WINNT directory for Windows NT and Windows 2000. In newer operating system, the Ofcscan.ini can be saved in C:\Program Files\ folder.
  • Open the Ofcscan.ini file using Notepad for editing.
  • Search for the [INI_CLIENT_SECTION] section heading.
  • Locate the line starting with Uninstall_Pwd=. Comment the line (make it inactive by typing a # at the beginning of the line, i.e. #Uninstall_Pwd=…..
  • Insert a new line beneath the existing line as following:

Uninstall_Pwd=70
  • Save the Ofcscan.ini file.
  • Try to uninstall Trend Microsoft OfficeScan again. When prompted to enter a password to continue to uninstall, enter 1 as the password.

Alternatively, if above hack does not work, user can always manually uninstall Trend Micro OfficeScan client, bypassing and skipping all password requirement.

Old 10-01-2014

Re: How to Remove or Reset Trend Micro OfficeScan Uninstall Password to Default

There is also another method to uninstall Trend Micro OfficeScan. To do that first disconnect the pc from the network. After that go to Start and then in Run type regedit. Now go to this registry key - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TrendMicro\PC-cillinNTCorp\CurrentVersion\Misc and change the dword " Allow Uninstall" from 0 to 1. Now go to Add and Remove programs to uninstall Trend Micro and after that restart your computer.
Old 11-01-2014

Re: How to Remove or Reset Trend Micro OfficeScan Uninstall Password to Default

Even I got the same problem today. I wanted to add 2-3 computers to a new domain and these workstations were having a version of Trend Micro’s Officescan installed from their old domain which I wanted to remove so that the new version can be installed. I was not able to uninstall the client because it was asking for a password and I didnt know what was it. But after following your steps I was atlast able to resolve this issue. Thanks

TechArena Community > Software > Tips & Tweaks
Tags: