Thread: Web surfing low but download is working perfectly fine

Web surfing low but download is working perfectly fine

My internet is not working well. I am unable to get a decent internet speed from the same. I am not able to figure out why. The download is working perfectly fine but I am unable to get good surfing speed. Whenever I open yahoo it takes a very long time to open. It is extremely slow and does not works properly. I need some help to increase the same. I called my ISP who says there is no issue from his end. The problem is with my pc. There would be some kind of malware thing which is causing the problem. Can anyone help me to resolve the problem. If download is working well then surfing must also work.

Re: Web surfing low but download is working perfectly fine

In your case there can be a malware problem. When you try to open page, the malware is redirecting you to any other third party site due to which your surfing is very slow. You have to just scan your pc with a good antivirus. Also check the data packet output. You can use third party tools for that. If the data packet usage is high even when you are not using internet then it is for sure that there is some application in the pc which is causing the issue. I will advice you to scan your pc once and then try to test the speed again.

Re: Web surfing low but download is working perfectly fine

This also can be a dns problem. It is ery common. You can try using some open dns to figure out whether your surfing speed is improved or not. There are many open dns you can use. Like Google DNS. You can find this on the web and you can use the IP of the same in your pc. Do not make any changes in the router or in the modem. Just change the IP of your pc and test. Try to use the ping command to find out response from the DNS server. I am quiet sure you will be able to get a proper information from it. You have to launch a complain about that and ask your ISP to fix it.