Thread: Macbook Air freezing whenever I play any movie on Youtube

Macbook Air freezing whenever I play any movie on Youtube

Whenever I try to play any movies on YouTube my Macbook Air is freezing. I am trying to stream video files on the same on full screen and this is freezing up. I am not able to use the same. I have to restart the macbook and then it gets back to normal. Again when I start the freezing after few minutes the same issue occur. I am quiet stuck with this situation and not able to find a solution for that. It is a new Macbook Air and this is the first time I saw this kind of system getting freezes just by online video streaming. The system does not respond at all and only works well after a restart.

Re: Macbook Air freezing whenever I play any movie on Youtube

You have to go in the system System Preference section from there you have to click on Flash Player. Look for the Advanced button and click on the same. Then choose Delete All. This will wipe out a few unwanted files and then try back. This is not issue with your macbook, it is a flash based problem. You can also try cleaning safari browsing history and other cache data to fix the problem. Just try to do this one. And then check back. You can try using a separate browser if you can. Like Firefox or any other popular one that is available for Mac. This might also resolve the problem.

Re: Macbook Air freezing whenever I play any movie on Youtube

Before restarting you must go in the Activity Monitor and stop the application that is causing the problem. This is similar like killing a background process. Even re-installing the flash player or entire Safari browser can help you in fixing the problem. Just quiet the process first and then launch it back again. And try to update the flash player version of your browser. Try to clean up the hard drive space of your system. It is already full then this can affect the overall performance of the mac system. You can wipe out the storage easily through many third party software. This is going to boost the output and offer you nice performance.