Thread: Unable to add Internet Download Manager on the latest version of Firefox

Unable to add Internet Download Manager on the latest version of Firefox

I had just updated my Firefox browser. And after that I am having issue with Internet Download Manager. After update the first issue occurred is that I was not able to see the download button on the top of any online video. I removed it and re-installed it back again. But still it is not working. I want some help to add it back again. How can I do this. Before I think this was done automatically. I tried to search for IDM extension in the Firefox plugin site, but it is not available.

Re: Unable to add Internet Download Manager on the latest version of Firefox

To resolve this issue, please follow the steps are given below:

1. Open Internet Download Manager and go to the Help tab > Quick Update.
    2. Open Mozilla firefox browser, on the Tools menu choose Add-ons
    3. An Add-ons dialog box popup at your screen, Uninstall IDMCC ( Internet Download Manager integration module for firefox)
    4. Re-install different IDM by using the following link- data.internetdownloadmanager.com/idmmzcc/idmmzcc.xpi (Please type https:// at the front, before open link)

I am giving you a direct link of the extension that you are looking for. The IDM plugin is not available on the Firefox plugin site. You have to get that manually from the official site. The link is below. Click on that and download a xpi file. Then right click on the same and choose Open With > Choose default program. In the list you might not find Firefox. For that you have click on Browse. Go to C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox and in that click on the Firefox icon. And click on ok. The installation will start. Restart your browser and check once again.

Download Internet Download Manager Plugin for Firefox

Before doing the above thing it is recommended that you must remove any existing idm plugin installed in your system. And you can find that by Tools > Addons > Extension. Just remove any existing one. Instal Internet download manager first. Then launch IDM and in that Option. A window will appear. There you have to click on General tab. You can see a box below with Capture downloads from the following browser. From there select Mozilla Firefox and click on ok.